Monday, February 25, 2013

Noir Fashion Show





The Noir fashion show was extreme chaos, just the way I like it. With over 25 designers what do you expect? 

The Noir fashion show was a fashion show planned by Kimberly Taylor owner of K'Presha Boutique of downtown Memphis ( 323 S. Main ). In honer of black history month Taylor sought out to have a show full of talented back individuals. She reached out to hair stylist, salons, online stores, boutiques and designers to show case their talents in this show. 
After weeks of planning, casting calls, meetings and countless stressful nights it was time for Taylor to show Memphis what she had been working on all this time. 

Last night on February 24. 2013 5pm at Central Station ball room in downtown Memphis the show was to being. The show started almost an hour late but like I said it was chaos. It featured the following designers, salons, boutiques and online stores Featured businesses include Boutiques: K'PreSha Boutique, Main Event Boutique, Divine Rags
Online Stores: JenUinely Chic, The Chic Urban Closet, Dare Threads Vintage and Society for All Kind
Designers/Brand: Fabulously Exclusive, Brand Name Clothing Co, Flight of Fancy, Prepared Fashion, Rough Feathers, AMorris Collection, Cashmir Clothing Brand, Bodacious Body Wear, Sweet Kisses, G.Ink Clothing, No Love Get Money, SewKute and Terial Lee
Cosmetic Companies: Pouts & Winks
Hair Salons: Geno's Professional Salon, Natural Divinity and Christyles Celebrity Salon It started off with a salon Natural Divinity showcasing her different ways to style natural hair.

The show was long because of all the designers they had but it was a great show. I've seen so many shows in Memphis where they throw thrifted clothes together and make an outfit.  That's not a fashion show. And I was just relieved that there was finally an actual show showing actual designers! 
Now there were some t shirt lines and some boutiques there but the show consisted of more than just tshirts and thrifted clothing. Nothing against tshirts and thrifted clothes, it was just nice to see someones vision come to life and walk the runway. I was very impressed with some of the designs. I saw some tshirts that I wouldn't mind adding to my collection. 
  Between the designers clothes there was spoken word and there was also a singer by the name of C.Chill. Both performances where bomb! 
There was also an open bar which was a plus to me and the guest at the show. There was a signature drink that was a dark colored drink because Noir means black in French, so they incorporated that with the drink.  There was also a desert bar, all deserts were made by Tommie Marshall of Mama Pugs Famous Pies And Desserts.   I had peach cobbler I loved it. It was some real down south cobbler. I ate like 3 plates it was awesome. 
All VIP guest received two drinks of their choice from the bar along with a bag full of goodies, coupons and tons of business cards from the designers and vendors.  The show was overall fantastic! I loved the show from the set up, the bar, the vendors and more. The chaos did not display on the runway and that is the most important part of it all keep the chaos behind the curtain!  
The only down fall I could give this show was that it was longgg! Other than that it gets an A from me. Shoutout to Kim Taylor and her crew for getting this show together!!!! I was awesome. I enjoyed my self and I'm looking forward to more events like this. 
Please enjoy the photos included in this post. :) thanx for reading. 
Xoxo. Stay fab 
KrissyDee 






1 comment:

  1. Good review. Honest and highlighted the great parts of the show.

    ReplyDelete